No Beauty Shines Brighter Than A Healthy Heart
What is High blood pressure?
The pressure in your blood vessels is too high if you have high blood pressure. This is also referred to as hypertension. Consistently high blood pressure damages blood vessels and can lead to a variety of health concerns.it increases your risk of serious problems such as heart attacks and strokes.
High blood pressure is considered to be 140/90mmHg or higher (or 150/90mmHg or higher if you’re over the age of 80). Ideal blood pressure is usually considered to be between 90/60mmHg and 120/80mmHg
What are the symptoms of High blood pressure?
Blood pressure is mostly a silent disease. High blood pressure can occur without any noticeable symptoms.
- Fatigue or confusion
- Vision problems
- Chest pain
- Irregular heartbeat
- Blood in the urine
- Pounding in your chest, neck, or ears
- Shortness of breath
How do I check myself for high blood pressure?
- Before you measure your blood pressure, avoid things that can raise your blood pressure in the short term, wear loose-fitting clothes and rest for five minutes before you take your reading
- You can check your blood pressure at home.
- Find a quiet place to check your blood pressure and you will need to listen for your heartbeat.
- Check that you are comfortable and relaxed and that your bladder has recently been emptied.
- For 5 to 10 minutes, your arm should be comfortably resting at heart level. Sit up straight with your back on a chair and your legs uncrossed. With your palm facing up, place your forearm on a table.
- Always using the same arm measures blood pressure in both arms when you first start.
- Take readings at the same time each day.
- Speak to your doctor or nurse if you’re worried.
What should diabetics avoid?
When you have diabetes, your food choices are extremely important. Therefore you should avoid foods such as fried meats, higher-fat cuts of meat, such as ribs, pork bacon, regular cheeses, poultry with skin, deep-fried fish, deep-fried tofu, and beans prepared with lard.
Do you want to have a normal blood pressure? We have everything you need from blood sugar (glucose) testing monitors, test strips, lancets and insulin to therapeutic shoes or inserts. We also provide the latest glucose control solutions. Talk to our pharmacists today to learn more.