Does Diabetes Cause Fainting?
Diabetes is a long-term chronic illness that affects how your body uses food as fuel. Most of the food you eat is converted by your body into sugar, or glucose, which is then released into your bloodstream. The pancreas releases insulin in response to an increase in blood sugar. Insulin is a key to allowing blood sugar to enter your body’s cells and be used as an energy source.
When you have diabetes, your body is either unable to utilize insulin effectively or cannot produce enough of it. An excessive amount of blood sugar remains in your bloodstream when there is insufficient insulin or when cells cease reacting to it. You may experience serious health issues like kidney failure, heart disease, and vision loss as a result of this.
Diabetes affects many sections of the body in different ways, which can lead to fainting because it has several complications. Fainting is referred to as a period of instability and unsteadiness brought on by conditions affecting the brain or inner ear. There are numerous factors that cause a fainting spell when it comes to diabetics. Low blood pressure, Dehydration, and Hypoglycemia are the common reasons for diabetic fainting spells.
Supplies For Controlling Your Diabetes
The Government of Canada discloses that over 3 million people are suffering from diabetes in Canada. Keeping an eye on blood sugar levels, eating a balanced diet, and getting regular exercise are all important aspects of diabetes management. For effective diabetic management, the appropriate supplies must be kept on hand in addition to these healthy habits. Diabetic supplies may assist patients in tracking and controlling their blood sugar levels and also it helps your doctor to have a better understanding of your current health status.
- Insulin or insulin pens – The pancreas produces the hormone insulin to aid in the utilization or storage of sugar included in food. Your pancreas stops producing insulin if you have type 1 diabetes. When you have type 2 diabetes, your body produces insulin but doesn’t properly utilize it. Rapid-acting, regular or short-acting, intermediate-acting, or long-acting are some of the common types of insulin.
- Blood sugar meter – A blood glucose meter is a tool used to calculate blood sugar or glucose levels. It is an essential device for monitoring and maintaining blood sugar levels and making sure they are within the desired range.
- Diabetic test strips –To measure blood sugar levels quickly and accurately, diabetic strips are used together with a blood glucose meter. Those who have diabetes are able to manage their condition by applying a small blood sample to the strip on a regular basis to monitor their glucose levels. This information helps them make decisions regarding their diet and medications.
- Glucose tablets – As fast-acting glucose pills, you can use glucose tablets when you notice symptoms of hypoglycemia or when your blood sugar lowers.
- Carrying case – For diabetic people who always travel or lead a busy lifestyle, a carrying case offers you a practical solution to store diabetes supplies properly and to get the supplies on time without any delay.
At Calgary Drug Mart, we’re committed to giving you a wide selection of diabetic supplies while helping you manage your health more easily. From blood sugar testing monitors and test strips to insulin, we have all the essentials you require to maintain control over your diabetes. Our experienced pharmacists are here to help and guide you on the best diabetic supplies for your specific needs.